The Vortex DiamondBack Hp is one of those scopes that has a high demand but the supply seems to be pretty short.
A lot of people might even say that the scope is not really worth all this hassle but then there are people who want to use it at least once.
So, what is the deal here? Is this scope really discontinued? Well, let us find out today! But before we answer you, let us see if this scope is even worth it.
Are the Vortex Diamondback HP Scopes worth it?
We have to say yes. It is definitely worth it. The HP in the name stands for High Performance and the scope really does justice to its name.
It has an improved optical coating as well as some additional features that make it a rather good scope in the current market.
The Diamondback HP comes at 4-16x magnification which is standard. The objective lens here is 42mm and this is pretty standard as well. But the selling point of this scope is definitely its magnification which is impressive.
It even has parallax correction. This means that the images are corrected when there is a blur or when it is not focused properly. You can also use the elevation of the scope with your fingers.
The knob is quite easy to reach. And since the scope itself is pretty compact, you can take it with you literally anywhere.
The optical lens is multi coated here. This means the lens is layered for a better image. It also has the patented proprietary XR coating with XD glass lens.
The clear glass is loved by many here and it has incredible power as well. The zoom levels are quite amazing and you can really use these scopes in any kind of situation. The only problem with these scopes is that they are hard to find right now and around 10% of the shipments have some manufacturing defects as well.
You can also not claim the warranty right now as these scopes are already discontinued. We will explain this situation later.
How does it compare to Nikon ProStaff P5?
A lot of times the Diamondback HP is often compared to the Nikon ProStaff P5. So, how does it compare with the Nikon? Here are some comparison points.
- In terms of Optics, the Japanese technology of the Nikon Prostaff 5 is just better than the Diamondback HP. It gives a more bright and precise image at range.
- In terms of magnification, both of them are quite similar. The Prostaff does have models that go up to 24x though as compared to the 16x maximum that you get with the Diamondback. Also, the objective lens diameter is larger in the Nikon one.
- The reticles are the same in both scopes. Both of them offer a BDC reticle. The Vortex has a dead-hold BDC reticle though and the Nikon one has a reticle where the marks are open circles. This is a matter of personal preference. Some prefer open circles while others don’t want that.
- In terms of eye relief, the P5 has better eye relief as compared to the HP Scopes.
- In terms of Adjustments, both offer side focus which is a great deal. The Diamondback HP is the winner in this case though as it can focus all the way down to 20 yards as compared to the 50 yards of Prostaff.
- The main comparison point between these two scopes is definitely the price and in this regard, the P5 can be bought in the range of $200 to $450 dollars and the Diamondback is slightly expensive at $370 to $450 range.
Can you buy the Vortex Diamondback HP Scope s right now?
The Diamondback HP scopes are already discontinued so, you can’t really buy them fresh right now but you can buy them in the used market and a new one online.
There are many stocks left so, the Diamondback HP can be found in Amazon and some other online shops at a reasonable rate.
If you can’t find them on amazon then perhaps take a look at the used market? There are some sweet deals in e-bay where people have placed an owned Diamondback HP Scope for sale. So if you really need to buy the scope, you can definitely check them out.
One thing you need to know is that you won’t really get the replacement in case of the warranty. You will definitely get the warranty if you can find and buy a brand new Diamondback HP but when you actually use the warranty, Vortex will not replace it with the Diamondback HP. They will generally provide the Crossfire model or the base Diamondback since the Diamondback HP is already discontinued.