Nikon, as we all know, is a Japanese brand. It is not only a simple Japanese Brand though. Nikon is a very high-profile brand with a lot of people and divisions under it. In the optics industry, Nikon has done a wonderful job by creating very impressive binoculars, cameras, scopes, and more.
Today, we are going to be reviewing the Nikon 8248 ACULON A211 binocular. This, we believe, is one of the best binoculars that you can get today. So, let us see the exact reasons why you would want to get this binocular. But before that, a brief look at the specification!
Nikon 8248 ACULON A211 10×50 Binocular Overview
- Magnification – 10x
- Objective Diameter: 50mm
- Lens Type – Porro Prism
- Size – Standard
- Viewing Angle (in Degrees) – 3.8 Degrees
- Colors Available – Black
- One of the best features of this binocular is the 10x magnification lens which is quite powerful. This lens allows the binocular to observe objects at a distance.
- In addition, the binocular also has a large 50mm objective lens for improved lighting that enables clear images and provides good conditions for the binocular to operate in.
- The binocular has a traditional Porro Prism system where the light path produces an incredible depth of field effect and allows users to see distant objects in view quite easily.
- This prism system also has a high refractive index. It is a BAK4 prism system and it is able to provide you a really round sound with crisp and clear images. The distortion is incredibly less as well.
- This binocular has a spherical aberration for producing super clear as well as crisp images. This spherical aberration also helps to reduce distortion.
- There are anti-reflective coatings in the binocular to improve color fidelity. It also improves contrast and makes the image brighter.
- This binocular has a wide 60-degree angle of view and it has really high power as well. You will not see a more perfect optical system like this. In terms of FOV, it’s 341 ft at a distance of 1000 yards. Not bad!
Comfort and Usability
- The first actual comfortable factor here is the center focus wheel which is really easy to turn. Even if you turn it with a glove, you can still turn it properly.
- This binocular has dioptric correction so, if you use prescription glasses, you can still use it and get clearer images.
- You get a wide interpupil adjustment range so, you can use it according to your eyes.
- The eyecups are made of rubber so, it doesn’t hurt the surroundings of your eyes. You can use this binocular with or without eyewear.
- You can use this binocular with a tripod mount as well. With a tripod, you can go all hands-free and this gets you reduced vibration as well as arm fatigue.
- You get an eye relief of 11.8 mm and this allows you to see with this binocular without getting eye fatigue which is really nice especially if you have a very long session where you are using the binocular.
- There is a 5.0mm exit pupil in this binocular that will cover most pupils as they can open as well as dilate in low light. They also provide a complete view of the area.
- The Nikon ACULON binocular is made with a glass that is completely environmentally friendly. The lens glass does not have lead and arsenic in it.
- There are rubber protection all over the binocular to provide a shockproof build. In addition, it also makes the binocular slip-resistant.
- This particular binocular is ergonomic to use and handle. it also has a rain guard to protect the eyecups from water. Sadly, it is not waterproof.
- You can also clip the objective lens to the neck strap and this will secure the binocular and reduce the risk of you losing it.
The Nikon 8248 ACULON A211 is a great value binocular that provides impressive performance. It has the stamp of Nikon so, it is quite good as a binocular. In addition, this model also has quite a great overall price to performance ratio though it can feel a bit expensive. But you are paying that extra money for Japanese craftsmanship. This binocular might not be best for everyone but it still is an excellent choice if you want a solid binocular with great design, optics, and comfort.